It’s that time of the year again! The spirits are looming in…
Some of you have partied all weekend long in your “special outfits”. Others will show off (in darkness) tonight trick-or-treating. In any case, make sure you have proof that your costume is the most fun/creative/scary…because we at Jean Huang Photography would like to give out a prize for the voted winner.
Photographic skill are not judged, however it may help get a few more “likes” that you’d need to win. 🙂
In case I haven’t made it clear, number one rule of the contest is to HAVE FUN! 🙂
What better way to treat our four-legged friends than a free photography session – Los Angeles Pet Photographer
OK, the cat’s finally out of the bag. Correction, the dogs are out of the bag! 🙂
I’m running a special for our four-legged friends this Valentine’s Day.
The winner of a random drawing will qualify for a free dog photography session. To qualify, post your dog’s picture along with the name and breed (and some fun facts about him/her) at our photography fan page. The drawing will be held at noon on February 14th.
Listen, we will need at least 25 entries to do the drawing. So invite your friends to participate with you! Let’s have a party!
P.S. Obviously, this offer makes sense if you live in southern California. However, if you’d like to pay for my travel (which is another passion of my life), feel free to join the fun for a chance to win, no matter where you are (I do have many friends all over the world)!
Well, well, well… We just can’t (and shouldn’t) stop having fun with photography. Why would we? Life is filled with wonderful opportunities to memorize, let alone the holidays that are clearly marked on the calendar. If you know me, you’d expect that I throw out another one of those contests to have (more) fun for this coming holiday.
For the culturally versed, you may say it’s the Chinese New Year. Yes, I will be celebrating it. But I’m not sure that all my reader/fans would. So, while I light up the fire-crackers (in my mental visualization), you are probably thinking about another holiday.
So, here is our new “excuse” to have fun – How Many Ways Can You Say “I Love You” – 2011 Valentine’s Day Photo Contest!
Winning is (as always) easy :-):
1. Sleep on it (yes, in your sleep) tonight because your brain will thank you tomorrow. 🙂
2. Tell us what you’d do for someone important in your life to celebrate this Valentine’s Day (it can be your significant other, your pet(s), your parent(s), your child(ren), etc.). Since it’s a photo contest, capture the essence of what you’d do in a picture.
3. Now you’d submit the picture to somewhere. First, make sure you are a fan of Jean Huang Photography at http://www.facebook.com/jeanhuangphotography.
4. Submit your picture(s) to the wall of the fan page (link in #3), as many photos as you’d like. Ensure your photo(s) are rated G (i.e., safe for all ages). Again, no limit on number of photos to submit. But each idea should be represented by only one picture.
5. Now, here’s the fun part: Vote for creative ideas by “liking” the photos representing them. And, promote your photos to gain as many “likes” as possible. So ask your friends and family to vote for you.
5a. I know I just said this: Photos are judged on creativity. So photos that are less than professional could still win the contest as long as they are “safe” (please see #4 again).
6. Deadline to submit and vote is noon (12:00 PM) US Pacific Time on Monday January 24th, 2011.
7. The picture(s) with the most “likes” goes home with a prize (Note: each picture is a separate entry. The picture with the most “likes” wins).
8. Number of winning pictures is determined by number of fans as of the cut-off date of the contest (i.e.,12:00 PM US Pacific Time on Monday January 24th, 2011). One winning photo for every 100 fans.
Good luck! And most importantly, have fun!
Hello all my friends, happy 2011!!! I want to take this opportunity to thank you for all your support in the past year. Without your visits to this website and your insightful comments, it wouldn’t have been as much fun to keep posting. 🙂
To express my appreciation, Jean Huang Photography would like to kick off the new year by having “How Much Fun Can You Have With Holiday Pictures” photo contest.
Winning is easy:
2. Submit, to the wall of the above-mentioned fan page, as many fun* photos taken during the holidays (Christmas and/or New Year) as you’d like. Make sure your photo(s) are “rated G” (i.e., safe for all ages). Again, no limit on number of photos to submit.
3. Now, here’s the fun part: Vote for fun* photos by “liking” them. And promote your photos to gain as many “likes” as possible. So friends and family are important people in your life, in this contest. 🙂
4. Deadline to submit and vote is 12:00 AM on Monday January 10th, 2011.
5. Pictures with the most “likes” go home with a prize (Note: each picture is a separate entry. The picture with the most “likes” wins).
6. Number of winning pictures is determined by number of fans as of the cut-off date of the contest (i.e.,12:00 AM US Pacific Time on Monday January 10th, 2011). One winning photo for every 65 fans.
7. Ready? Set? Go! Start having fun*, NOW!
*Fun = special, unique, emotional, sweet, ……, fun!
P.S. What’s the prize, you might ask. As I hinted at the end of last year, I was making a 2011 calendar with some of the beautiful pictures taken in Vietnam and Cambodia. What better way to experience the beauty of South-east Asia, for a whole year, without the expenses of traveling?
Everything has been reminding me that fall is undeniably with us and yellow, red and brown will soon be the prevalent colors. As my eyes moved near the bottom of the calendar, I know it’s the spooky time of the year again. So, it will only be fitting to “update” the color them of this website immediately.
The other day, I had a photo shoot at a pumpkin patch and loved, loved, loved the atmosphere and had fun. The chill in the area helped my head think up a fun and impromptu idea. Why not have a contest of pictures of the kids in Halloween costumes?
So, if you haven’t, load your cute kids’ Halloween costume pictures to http://www.facebook.com/jeanhuangphotography. You may just win a free gift from me!
For the competitive, here are the details:
– Pick the cutest Halloween pictures of your kids to post onto the link provided above (you’d need to “like” the page with Facebook first).
– One picture per kid.
– The kid/picture that gets the most “likes” will win a nice seasonal gift from me.
– Voting is cut off as of noon (Pacific Time) Monday November 1st.
Secret in winning: Lobbying is allowed. So have your mom, dad, friends, neighbors to vote for your kids’ pictures!
P.S. Which pumpkin in this picture is your favorite? 😉